Monday, October 27, 2008

House Update

My Husband is such a cute little constructor! Notice the white bandage on his left hand....
These trims are really charming until you have to make them yourselves. :) Didn't the boys do a great job!
Replacing shingles is hard work. Good thing we have a professional! I think Dustin can do ANYTHING! Seriously. And I just loving seeing him in his toolbelt. What a cutie.

Things with my house feel like they are moving at a snail's pace for me, but probably not for poor Dustin. He worked like crazy with my dad at the house all weekend long. They focused mostly on the outside, to get it ready to be painted, hopefully next weekend. Highlights (and lowlights) of the weekend (hmm, does someone need their hair done, or what!):

  • 1.5 hour visit to Holladay Instacare. I literally had to trick Dustin into letting me drive, and then drove him there and told him he could hate me forever, but he WAS going to see the doctor. He smashed his finger with a hammer, and it split open. While it was being cleaned out, his face went gray/white and he just about passed out before they made him lie down. He was cracking everyone up at the clinic, making jokes, asking if he needed his finger amputated, asking for a marriage counselor, etc. Dustin thought it was funny when the Dr. said, "Ok, now give me the bird" (it's his middle finger that got hurt) The good news is his finger should be fine - no broken bones, no stitches, just a painful tetanis shot.
  • My dad telling the neighbor walking by after church on Sunday that we are sorry we couldn't go to church today, but "our trim is in the mire".
  • Buying REALLY cool glass mosiac tile for my bathroom at 50% off
  • Ordering countertops, and getting a bathroom granite counter top at a $1000 value FREE

1 comment:

Amy said...

It sounds like you hurt yourself pretty bad, Dust-sorry. But, I do have to say when I heard the story about the doctor it made me chuckle...I know how you are. You house is coming along beautifully!