Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Finally!



I am finally posting some pictures of the house. This is our new bed (it was my birthday present from my mom, but I just have to tell you: she got it at a STEAL of a price from Pier One. Who knew?) We love it. My belly may not fit between the dresser in the corner and the footboard, but it's worth it.


So here is the living room before...
And here it is after: we got the fireplace re-tiled. We had a love/hate relationship with the original tile. It was cool that it was original, but I felt like it was too dark for the space, and the hearth was really chipped and broken, and there was no way to really fix it. So we went with a handmade tile in a more nuetral green. We love it. Here is the kitchen before...

And after. We just got the backsplash tiled. It was so hard for me to choose the tiles, which is why it took forever to get done. I was just done making decisions, I think. Our favorite part is the stove surrounded by the glass cabinets. So that's really it for the upstairs. We just have a couple more things to do in the basement before it is liveable, thank goodness, and we can start really putting things in place. Just in time for Junior.

2 comments:

Kirstin said...

I love seeing these pictures--it's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I am in love with everything in your house! There is nothing better than new home decor, new bedding, new tile, whatever. I love stuff for the house.

And how fantastic is your kitchen? LOVE IT!