Thursday, June 23, 2011

San Diego

With Mark leaving soon for the Big Apple, we decided we needed some family time. We spent a week in San Diego just taking it easy. It was really fun and nice to have time together, with nothing to do and nowhere to go. We were on Mission Beach, and although the weather was funky, we really enjoyed the proximity to the sand and boardwalk.
Jackson loved to "play sand" with grandpa. Grandpa would take J on walks every morning and almost every night as well. Between all their walks, playing in the sand, and throwing balls in the backyard, I think Grandpa probably felt like our live-in babysitter that week!
We spent one day at Seaworld, which was honestly something I've wanted to do forEVER. We loved it! Jackson had a bit of a rough day, starting out with getting sunscreen in his eyes, making his poor eyes cry all day (it was baby sunscreen! tear-free, supposedly!). He got a little sunburn where all his tears washed off the sunscreen. He did much better when we found the kids area, and let him loose in the fountains, and put him on rides with Daddy.
We adults loved the Shamu show, but Jackson... not so much. Hence the pacifier. I can't believe I caught the .4 seconds of Jackson wearing his hat on film! The pictures below are my FAVORITE. In fact, seeing them all together gives me an idea for the boys' room....


More pictures to come once I steal my Mom's camera for a few minutes.

No comments: