Friday, June 29, 2012

Life Lately

So, Lately
  - WE MOVED!  Wow.  Dustin came home from work one day, saying "Let's put the house on the market".  There had been interest in our home even when it wasn't on the market, so we thought even in a neighborhood where lots of houses were for sale we'd still have a chance.  Little did we know!  We put the house on the market on a Saturday, and had an open house.  We had two solid offers on Sunday.  Let's just say it worked out.  After moving into our new house, meeting the neighbors, and already recieving callings at church, I feel that this move and house was an answer to prayers, even though this wasn't exactly what I was praying for!  Does that make sense?   It's just a perfect fit for us right now.  We lived in the house (rent free) for a month before finally closing this week, so I finally feel comfortable sharing the news.

 - My mom went in to have a cyst removed, an hour long out-patient procedure, but ended up staying in the hospital for a week after the doctor found that he'd need to perform a full hysterectomy!  Then the next day, she recieved a blood transfusion when it was decided that she wasn't recovering the way she should.  Traumatic. My mom is my best friend on this earth, and I hated seeing her in such pain.  Recovery was long, and I'm glad to have her back.



  - Will is growing so big.  He has taken a few steps, but still prefers to crawl or crab-wak (on hard or itchy ground like wood floors, grass, concrete, etc. he crab walks.  So delicate)  He says mamamama and dadadadada, and his big dimples keep us smiling. 
 - We have tried and failed miserably to potty train this guy.  He's got a mind of his own, this one (no idea where THAT comes from!).  He is so funny, smart, and active.  I can BARELY keep up with him.  I need to start blogging more frequently so that I can record some of the funny things he says.  I don't want to forget this stuff! 

 - Dustin's mom is being treated for cancer, and it has been such a hard journey for her.  She is such a strong and determined woman, and an example to us all.  We are so grateful for all her sacrifices.  We know we wouldn't be who we are without her. 

What else? Probably lots, but that's all I can think of right now.  I'll put more pictures of the house up soon, but it's not really ready for glamour shots at the moment. 

1 comment:

Kirstin said...

Congrats! The home is darling! Let's get the boys together soon.