Thursday, August 21, 2008

Hawaii







So after our frantic peeling paint day, we had a frantic morning packing and running to Wal-Mart, etc before my Mom and Dad picked us up to go to HAWAII! Of course, my brother Mark was at the Salt Lake BYU Extension taking a final at the last possible milisecond, and we had to pick him up on the way. Yep, that's just how he rolls.

Hawaii was amazing, of course. We had a condo on Maui, and enjoyed the beach, snorkeling, golf for the boys, shopping for the girls, food, food, food, and more beach. It was really fun to all be together. I love seeing my family together with Dustin. Mark and Dustin hit the waves pretty hard together, and I just mostly just glad that they had each other. (I mean, a girl's gotta get her tan on, right?)

The boys didn't listen to us wise women and our goop advice (goop = sunscreen in Neider-ese) and so they burnt to a CRISP on the very first day. Mark was probably a little worse, and after a couple of days he was peeling the worst I'd ever seen. His face was really brown, but once peeled, it was bright pink. Ohhh man was he mad. Maybe because we kept trying to decide what his peelage resembled. Australia, a snow cone, etc.

Favorite story: the cutest Polynesian kids were playing in the ocean, and their dad came and cussed at them for not watching the littlest one better. Well, whenever a big wave was coming in their cute Hawaiian accent they would all scream "Holy Shoot!" HA! Not the cuss word, the FAKE cuss work. So funny. That was our favorite thing to say all week.

4 comments:

Claire Evenson said...

YEA~ I'm ao glad you have a blog now. I love all your pictures. Congrats on your house! That's so exciting. Good Luck with the remodeling. We just finished ours and it took about 2 months, but it feels so nice being here*
You and Dustin look so beautiful together!

Kristi said...

Hooray for Natalie! I am so glad you entered into this blog world! It is so much fun to see people you haven't seen for awhile! It looks like you guys had fun in Hawaii. I like your house and can't wait to see the finishing touches. Good luck!

Kirstin said...

Welcome to blogging!!! I love your entries and your pictures. You guys are so cute together. Congrats on your new home; I can't wait to come don my special blessing on it. It's a must. ;)

Amy said...

Haiwii looks beautiful! We sure miss you guys!