Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Design on a Dime

Here is my hard working husband. Already he has saved us a ton of money by doing lots of demolition and other not-fun jobs.
This is what the underside of the roof looks like now that the ceiling is gone.
This is the outside of our house and all of our paint samples. And this was after just one of MANY days of tons of samples to try. The front of our house looks polka-dotted.
This is our dumpster that Dustin has filled twice now.

This is a view of the wood floor now that the carpet has been pulled up.
Lucky us, the walls of this house are made of lath and plaster. That's actually kind of cool to me, except on top of the plaster there are about 7 layers of wallpaper and who KNOWS how many layers of paint. NOT cute. In our front two rooms, we have to remove this wallpaper and paint and replaster to get fresh new walls. The other rooms will probably just be re-dry walled.
Thirsty Husband
We uncovered the old coal furnace chimney... something like that, anyways. The brick is kind of cool, so we may leave it exposed. Check out that lath and plaster though!
Anyways, this is what is going on in my life. I know it doesn't make a very interesting read (to all 2 of my readers) but I figure that I'm in charge, right? I want this blog to document our lives and to be a reminder to us of all fun times.
These pictures are even a couple of weeks old, so lots more has happened at our house. We spent the whole Labor Day Weekend peeling wallpaper and going back for more and more paint samples. I think we finally found a winner. I guess you'll have to wait for the after pics to see it! I know, I know, you are out of your mind with anticipation.


No comments: