
This is a magazine clipping of a kitchen I like. My house is a Craftsman style house typical of the early 1900's, and clean white kichens were the norm. The Craftsman style emerged as a reaction to the fussy and frilly Victorian era, and as a result is a clean line, simple and utilitarian form of design. All features of a Craftsman home is meant to emphasize the function with its form a secondary concern. This extended to the kitchen, where surfaces were to be kept neat, clean, and easy to care for.
All of this is good news for me, because I LOVE white kitchens for how fresh and bright they feel.
We just got a bid from a cabinet maker, and it was extremely expensive. I LOVE their cabinets, though, and they had some really good ideas for us. What is a girl to do?
Does anyone have a good alternative to custom cabinets? I have tried to check out Home Depot's, but they haven't yet managed to catch my interest too much.
1 comment:
I love the blogging Natalie. It helps me so much to find out what is going on in everyones lives. You have been busy. It was so great to see you and Dust in Texas.
Post a Comment