I'm just going to post a lot of pictures from our weekend, mostly of our house and the dramatic transformation that took place at our house in just a couple of days. Even Toby got an instant makeover!

Here is our house with fresh sod and a new driveway and walkway. The sidewalk will be poured on Monday. I think the neighbors LOVE us right now. This used to be the sore spot of the neighborhood. Dustin laid all the sod himself, and we love how it turned out.



We accidentally ordered too much sod so we decided to get a head start on the backyard, even though we originally were going to save that project for next spring. There was so much extra that 2/3 of the backyard has sod now. I think Toby is as happy as I am about this unexpected development. It's almost as if I planned it..........

Here is the back of the house with our not-quite-a-deck doors that lead to nowhere. I love the curve of the concrete as it heads to the back door. The tile guy told Dustin he shouldn't be quite so good with the sod or pretty soon he'd end up as a landscaper.

Here is Dustin with his tools. He had to till the soil with that machine the background and then flatten it out with that Fred Flinstone contraption there that we found in the backyard of our house. It's made out of concrete and could compete with a small car in the weight department! Dustin has been dragging it all over our property like it's nothing, of course, and it makes the rest of us look bad.


Here is grout being installed in our kitchen. Here's a few tips of the trade: Tile on a 45 degree angle really makes small spaces look larger. We went for 18" square tiles that also help visually expand a space. Darker grout is better for kitchen and bathrooms to help hide dirt, and dirty spots don't stand out as much.

Here is our living room with a fresh coat of paint. The color above the trim is supposed to be slightly lighter than the lower half, but it really just looks the same. Good thing that's pretty easy to change in the future!
1 comment:
Can I come move in with you guys? Seriously, you have my dream home. I love the colors, love that it's got old school character, love all the natural wood, love the brick wall. I just love every inch of it. And how much more fun that you've been able to add your own personal touches. I loved reading your tips about tiles. Can I come hang out with you so you can teach me all those things? I love stuff like that.
Congrats on the beautiful home. I love, LOVE it!
Post a Comment