I don't have any pictures to share with you today, I probably could muster up a few stories to tell, but mostly what is on my mind today is my sweet wonderful husband Dustin. I feel so lucky every day that he is in my life, and even more than that: He is mine! Wow.
Dustin is the calm, driving force behind my scattered, frantic, anxious self. When Dustin's arms are around me, I am in my safe haven, my home.
Something that I love about Dustin is his sense of humor. He can always make me laugh (even when I am trying not to because I'm trying to be mad!) and one of the best ways he makes me smile is with his little songs that he makes up to the tune of other ones. He'll sing over whatever song is on the radio, but add a different word or phrase here or there that may rhyme, but makes it really silly (and sometimes naughty).
I shouldn't go in to too much detail here about how great Dustin is, because I want him all to myself, forever and ever. I don't want anyone reading this getting any big ideas!
Dustin is working so hard on our house, and it makes me think about how much more special all of his hard work makes this house. It'll be hard to leave it, but I know that we won't be living there forever. I am so glad my husband is the kind who is willing to work hard, learn new things, and who is making our house a home.
We got burglarized a couple nights ago. Our propane space heater and paint sprayer were stolen, and someone made footprints on our newly-floated kitchen floor while it was still drying. My sweet Dustin felt bad about the lost machines/money, but never accused the tradesmen who were working in our home. He has such a sweet and gentle spirit for such a big strong guy. Gosh, I love him.
No comments:
Post a Comment