Oh yea, and I just have to pat myself on the back publicly here, because I MADE IT through my first Prenatal Dr.'s Appointment yesterday. I was freaking out big time. I even got my blood drawn, no tears! It's the anticipation that gets me. If you don't know, I HATE HATE HATE needles. I have even been known to get cavaties drilled on WITHOUT A NUMBING SHOT! It is NOT about the pain. I don't care how much pain I have to go through to avoid needles. It's the thought of it. Best part: Dustin helped me through it by promising me ice cream afterwards. I still haven't gotten that ice cream though.....
They gave me a due date of August 2nd which is cool because Dustin birthday is August 5th, and his mom's is a few days later. But... if you talk to my Grandma Colleen, we're saying my due date is July 31st, because that's her birthday, and that's what one website told me my due date would be, and she wrote it in her "coincidences and miracles" book. So that's the story, and we're sticking to it.
3 comments:
What's your due date????? Sorry, prenatal visits may come with multiple needles...you'll do great!
Congrats Natalie! I'm so thrilled for you and your family. Nobody loves babies more than your dad. Looks like we're having babes at the same time (July 26th)...we'll have to compare notes and commiserate together about the fatigue. Mine goes away at 14 weeks. Here's to hoping the same for you! I was also the same way about needles with my first pregnancy and could handle the idea of birthing the baby more than the idea of needles. To date, I still hate getting the IV the worst. I have yet to encounter a nurse that can just GET THE JOB DONE. Yikes! No more needles until about the end of your 2nd trimester. Pregnancy causes you to become brave and Amazon like-you can do anything and then some. Continue to keep us posted and know that somewhere in Idaho there is a cousin who is taking a nap too.
Yah! So excited for you. You will be an adorable mommy! Why do we live so close and not get together. Hopefully we can make that happen soon. I would love to see your house. I am having baby number 2, may 30, i found out tommorow what i am having... Let's get together before i get to carzy with school.
Post a Comment