Monday, July 13, 2009

Bedrest

So at the doctor's appointment on Friday, I was officially put on bedrest. (bedrest = laying down except for bathroom and meal breaks, and of course, to go to the doctor) We'd been watching my blood pressure, and had cut down my work hours the week before, but things hadn't improved, and though I don't quite know all the details, if this continues, it could be really bad.

I am going to call my blood pressure in every day, and there is a list of things that, if they occur, means I go straight to the hospital. I went in today to have a fetal moniter test, and that was fine - sounds like the baby is just chillin, and his momma is the one with all the drama....

Tomorrow I go back for another blood test, and more game-planning.

Dustin and my mom are taking great care of me, so no worries. I just can't wait to meet this guy!

2 comments:

Christine said...

I feel for you. Bedrest can be so emotionally exausting. I have to tell you that I got to spend some time with your Dad this weekend and he is soooo excited about your little guys arrival. He is going to be the best Grandpa. Your brother was pretty cute about being excited too. We are really happy for you. Good luck with everything.

Kristi said...

Hey Nat! I know totally how you feel. I went through this exact thing with Kailee. IT SUCKS!!! I hope you find a good book or some movies to watch. Your going to need them!! Hang in there! It will be done before you know it!!! Good luck. Can't wait to see this little guy. Your awesome!!! Let me know if you need anything! We need to get together after you have him and feeling up to it! Good luck!!!