Sunday, May 23, 2010

Oahu

We had so much fun on our trip to Hawaii. Jackson was a little hard on the flight there, but slept the ENTIRE time on the red-eye flight home (thank goodness). We were there for my birthday and for Mother's Day (my first one) so that was fun. We had a house on the beach, which was perfect for us with a baby that needed naps and not so much sun. We ended up with food poisoning on Mother's Day night, and spent the whole night taking turns in the one indoor bathroom we had. My dad wasn't sick, so at least there was someone to watch Jackson! Here are some pictures of the trip:


Mom and me in our beautiful backyard

Jackson and I on the USS Missouri at Pearl Harbor


This is the best family picture we could get. Sunset on Oahu in our own backyard. Perfect!

Grandpa and Jackson had lots of fun in the sand. Jackson ate his fair share of sand too! At first the water and sand scared him, but he got used to it. He wouldn't crawl normally on the sand, though, he crawled on his hands and tip-toes.


View from our backyard. Could anything be better? A HUGE sea turtle was on our beach every afternoon sunning himself. The boys swam with the turtles in the water too.

Daddy and Jackson

Jackson's new trick! He can stand! For a few seconds, anyway. He's not walking yet, but soon I bet.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Ohh! Neider how fun. I miss you we live so close and seriously need a play date.

Amy said...

Looks like you guys had a GREAT time! I love all the pictures. Jackson-you got to see the ocean before Aunt Amy! Love you and miss you!

*HA HA----you make me laugh, Dust! Sounds like we might have a little brawl on our hands when you come this summer!

Scott and Rose Carruth said...

Looks like you had so much fun!!! I can't believe our little Jackson... He is getting so big -

Dear Jackson, NiNi loves and misses you soooo much - I love that daddy and mommy send us videos so we can see you and hear you laugh and chuckle - it makes me so HAPPY!! I can't wait for a Jackson hug!!!