Sunday, June 6, 2010

I'm famous

http://www.greensmoothiegirl.com/blog/2010/05/28/1274/

If you go to the above link, you will see pictures of me, my mom, aunt Rosie and cousin Heidi at a Green Smoothie Girl class.

We've been on a whole-foods diet for about a week now. I have a green smoothie every morning, and sometimes I can even get Dustin to have some. It's 1/2 green (spinach, etc) and 1/2 fruit. I LOVE them and crave them now for the rest of the day. It keeps me full until lunch, which at my job usually ends up taking place after 1pm.

For the rest of our meals, we avoid processed foods, and have eaten so very well this week! I have always felt guilty about not cooking very often for my family, but being a working mom just doesn't allow me the time I need to cook nice meals too. This whole foods thing has been easy, though. Our favorite has been roasted red potatoes. We just stuck some red potatoes, onion and red pepper on a pan with olive oil, salt and pepper. That's IT, and it was sooo good. I just had a lunch of avocado, snap peas, cherry tomatoes and red onion tossed with some feta cheese, fresh basil, olive oil and balsamic vinegar - Yum. We also have had wheat pasta with fresh sauces.

I'm really excited about how much better I feel already. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so bummed I missed it! I totally wanted to go. Nice work on the green smoothies! I need to get back on that bandwagon. You're inspired me!

Dustin and Natalie Carruth said...

I did like her class, it got me motivated, but I'll never be as strict as she is. To me, she's a little over the top, but the general concept is great.