So guess what... The big news around here is that in 4 1/2 months we will add another BOY to the mix! Dustin and I both had a quick moment of inner-shock when we found out, but we're thrilled. My mom had already purchased matching winter coats for 2 boys (long before she knew it'd be a boy) so I think she probably jinxed it. We're so excited to meet Baby Brother, and to see if he's a Jackson replica, or a Carruth original. I have to admit that 'excited' isn't always the emotion I'm feeling... whether it's the pregnancy hormones, or just normal pre-mom jitters, I feel a little scared and anxious about it all right now, no thanks to the ultrasound tech telling me that I had a 'wild one' on my hands. I wanted to tell her: I ALREADY HAVE A WILD ONE ON MY HANDS! So I'm asking for help:
- I need to get a double stroller. Should I get the side-by-side version, or the stacked version? I don't even know the right words. Should I get a new car seat to match/fit the new stroller?
- I can't even fathom trying to put my two boys in the same room, at least not right away! How do people do that? I know people do it, but I feel like I'd rather give up my room and sleep on the couch than try to get two kids to sleep in the same room right now.
- According to Jackson's last checkup (he's 20 months now, but it was an 18 month checkup), he is very VERY vocal for his age, and that might indicate that he is ready to be potty trained............. HELP! What do I need to buy? Should I wait until June when my mom will no longer be watching him twice a week?
And now, just for a moment of sanity, here is my little man. (In the interest of full-disclosure, this picture was taken to document a night when Dustin was out of town, I was in a loaner car that my neighbors would not recognize, and I was locked out of the house with Jackson in the car.... So I did what any self-respecting pregnant, high-heel wearing mom would do. I broke in my own house by scaling the snow-covered chimney and busting in a window. Maybe not my sanest moment.)
4 comments:
name suggestion: Mark Jimmer Golf Burgers Carruth
Oh yea, that's a good idea, Mark. LEAVE ANY NAME SUGGESTIONS HERE!
Hi JACKSON! Um...for your questions...I'll send you an email with my thoughts-otherwise it would be a LARGE comment. We are so happy for you guys!!!
That is just fabulous. Another boy! Cute brothers a comin'.
Post a Comment