
It has all silver and white ornaments, with silver bows tied to the branches. The tree skirt is really just 2 Ikea sheep skin rugs, and it looks comfy and snowy. I love that white ornament with a chandelier on it.
Thisyounghouse also made some ornaments themselves, and I think I am going to copy them. Keep in mind, we don't have a Christmas tree yet, and probably about 6 mismatched ornaments, but these are supposed to be easy and cheap to make. The above ornament uses craft glue spread with a q-tip and sprinkled with sparkly white glitter.
This one is my favorite, with a white feather stuffed into a clear ornament. All the supples were purchased at Michaels. Apparently it was $2.49 for a six pack of clear ornaments (with tops that easily come off and on), then just buy feathers, craft glue, and sparkly white glitter. They tied thin white ribbon to create a loop to hang the ornaments on the tree. WAY cuter than the wire hanger thingies. 
Doesn't it look fun? Knowing me and my clumsy fingers, mine won't look like this, but what if my tree had homemade ornaments like these and some silver ribbons tied here and there. I'll keep you posted.
2 comments:
That is so beautiful..........let us know how it turns out. I love love love your enthusiasm.
I'm with you on the Christmas tree, blog-stalking, and home decor (however, you know so much more than I do so I want to hangout with you so you can teach me all you bits of wisdom). I totally have that same site linked on my blog. I love it! I rotate which design sites I have on there. If you find others you like, share them with me!
Love the before/after pics. Once you're all done with your house, you should do the same.
And I'm still in LOVE with your house. It's is absolutely beautiful. It's exactly what I want for my own home someday. I'll keep dreaming.
Post a Comment